What your servers go through that you don't know about

A lot of times people will come into a restaurant, sit down, and not give a rip about the person that is waiting on them. Why would they? They aren't there to hear their life story or anything; they are there to eat. But I want to shed a light on what happens in the restaurant business to servers. At least this server.
I've been working in a casual dinning restaurant for over two years now and I've seen people that I thought were only fictional characters in movies, had more bills than tips in a week, and have experienced the ups and downs of working with people that have a great attitude, and a not so pleasant one.
Join me in this journey of telling the story of the life of a server and feel free to comment and ask questions.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

the beginning

okay, well today is February 12, 2010 and the very beginning of my blogging. I've never blogged before but I've been wanting to write on this subject for a while, so here it goes.
Just a little about what this blog is going to be:
A little bit about myself and what I do and my life, and also, mainly, about the nights and days that I work at Macaroni Grill in Grapevine, TX. and what goes on.
I'm going to try to write everyday, but I'm not sure how well that is going to work out. I do want to write every time I work. Especially about those crazy tables that every server has.
Anyways i hope that if anyone reads these that you find them educational, and maybe humorous.
Have a great day!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment